My introduction to Netflix was in early 2010 and I was very excited about its internet streaming service that I had my friend in US send me a few screenshots…how it worked etc. Here are a couple.
After a few weeks of its launch in India, I signed up for the Rs.800 trial. Here are a few points
- I opted for the auto-adjust resolution based on my internet connectivity. On a 40Mbps connection, the video quality was pretty decent when I played it off the netflix app on my PS3.
- The same cannot be said of chromecast from my laptop and android mobile. The video was interrupted several times and even got stuck with ‘Loading’ message.
- Audio is just stereo at this point of time?
- Direct Video Streaming on the mobile and iPad is pretty good.
- The Movie and TV Shows collection is pretty basic, hope to see more in the coming months.
- The recommendation system works just fine. Based on my list of Training Day and Taking of Pelham 1-2-3 it threw up two of my all time favorites–Breaking Bad and The Shawshank Redemption 🙂
Overall Netflix India is decent but will not replace your disc collection as of yet. So it’s ok to buy discounted Blu-Rays at Amazon for now 🙂