Padosan has slapstick humor in plenty. A memorable film, mainly due to an enthusiastic performance by Kishore Kumar, and a wonderful score from Pancham Da.
A simple love story, almost fairy tale, is told against the typical slap stick background–the drama troupe, hysterical antics and going over board at times. But what makes this film almost a classic is the casting. Mehmood, Omprakash etc breathe life in this film. Take these supporting character artists away, and you might feel the movie as an average fare.
Some of the best scenes
1) When the concept of ‘playback’ is conceived. Sunil Dutt and Kishore are just brilliant in this scene where Sunil sinks his lips to Kishore’s song of ‘O jaane waale baalamwa…lautke aa..lautke aa’
2) ‘Mere Saamne waale kitikeme’ picturization
3) OmPrakash’s exercise and his interlude with the ‘RadheShyam’ chanting match maker.
4) ‘Meri Pyari bindo’ song picturization. Pancham da at his naughtiest best composing the song to a bhajan format…and he comes only second to Kishore da..who rendered it and danced to perfection.
5) ‘Ek chatu naar karke singaar’-before and after the song and the song itself.